During 2002 the then Commodore, Martin Seagrove, worked with the Committee and the generous support of John Farrington, to establish Felpham Sailing Club as an RYA Training Centre.
At the time, the main benefits were thought to be:
- Help improve standards of Seamanship
- Attract newcomers to the sport and attract new members
- Achieve a higher priority in gaining Lottery Funding
- Create a new revenue stream
- Achieve a higher accreditation for FSC and raise standards
- Become a Champion Club and raise the standard of racing
Through the guidance of the Training Centre Principals, and the Committee, the Club has realised these benefits and much more. Participation, competence and skill have all increased year on year as a direct result of the influence from the Training Centre.
In 2016 FSC was also accredited with the Adventure Activity Licensing Service.
Principals of Felpham Sailing Club RYA Recognised Training Centre