Covid-19/Coronavirus Update (20 March 2020)

Dear members,

As you know, on 17th March we took the decision to close the Club to all social activities and function due to the Covid19/Coronavirus situation.

With the Government’s advice on social distancing clear (and being strongly stressed further every day), we have had to make the decision to cancel all Club organised sailing until 30th April. This includes the Sailing Programme, Training and Youth Sailing. Thereafter, the Committee will review the position and advise the membership accordingly.

I know this will be a great disappointment to us all, but at times like these we have to act responsibly and with the health and welfare of our members foremost.

Obviously, we will hope to get back on the water as soon is practically possible, but clearly that is unknown at this time.

Since the question will likely arise, as has always been the case, those with their own boats can take them out for a sail at your own risk (no safety cover) and this is in no way a Club activity.

I would strongly advise that if you do this you consider whether this is essential activity and how it might be viewed if you were to require assistance from the emergency services at this time.

CovThank you for your understanding. Stay safe and look after each other.

Guy (your Commodore)